We recognize that this is an unprecedented time for everyone – a time that, for many, is filled with uncertainty. At this time, we want to assure you that the health and well-being of our employees, customers and partners is our top priority. We are closely monitoring the changing situation by following our public health agencies and doing our part in helping keep our communities safe.
United Wire & Cable continues to operate, and we have had no major interruptions to delivery schedules at this time. Our products are manufactured in Canada and the USA and all required raw materials and components are in stock enabling us to meet demand. We do not expect any closing of the border between Canada and the USA to impact on our commercial deliveries. We are in regular contact with our manufacturing facilities and supply network to ensure deadlines continue to be met and are proactive in communicating any scheduling changes to our customers. We are committed to keeping our customers and partners apprised of any anticipated or existing delays in a timely manner. We will do this proactively as often as possible but encourage you to check with your United Wire & Cable representative regularly for updates.
We have implemented a series of preventative measures to do our part to encourage social distancing:
- Implementing remote work for employees were possible and social distancing for times when in person collaboration is required.
- Restricting all non-essential work travel.
- Encouraging employees to stay home and seek medical attention if they are sick.
- Requiring all employees not to attend work-related trade shows, workshops or similar events.
- Refining our business continuity plans to ensure we mitigate any potential impact to our business.
We realize this may not be the first letter of this nature that you have received, and we find it comforting to know that every business is doing their best to help contain this outbreak. As the situation evolves, we are committed to keeping you updated on our actions and steps we are taking to keep our employees, customers and business partners safe.
Thank you for your business and continued support.