We are hiring!
You can see a complete list of open positions on our jobs website.
>> CLICK HERE TO VISIT OUR POSITIONS PAGE <<
We are in the midst of a large expansion plan and are looking for individuals who are:
- detail oriented
- passion for the power cable industry
- not afraid of doing anything
- people person
If the above interests you, we cannot wait to hear from you! Please read on for the current career opportunities. To apply, simply visit our jobs posting page on indeed by clicking here or email your resume and cover letter with the subject title of the career position you are applying for to firstname.lastname@example.org
Current Career Opportunities
Position: Professional Electrical Engineer
Since 1984, United Wire & Cable has been a leader in the electrical wire and cable industry, specializing in the design and supply of power feeder systems. Today, our patented MAXIAMP® cable bus and HI-TENSILE VERLOK® borehole and mineshaft cable products are leaders in their respective industries.
We are Growing!
We are currently looking for a registered Electrical Engineer with at least 5 years of experience and an excellent technical and practical knowledge of both AC power and DC power systems.
If you are a fit for this position, you will clearly demonstrate a strong understanding of common power feeder systems components such as transformers, bus duct, gensets, generators transfer switches and power distribution equipment. Understanding electrical cable design and production is preferred. An understanding of cable bus systems is an asset. We also expect you to have a strong knowledge of industry codes and best practices.
You’ll be a key point of contact for our customers to help resolve their technical design challenges and answer any technical questions they may have. You’ll lead product planning meetings and participate in specification meetings.
You’ll love solving power system design issues and demonstrate critical thinking, analysis and leadership. Experience in design review and/or quality assurance is an asset. Accreditation as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng) is required. A strong desire to coach and mentor others and have excellent written, presentation and oral communication skills will make you the perfect fit.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, driven, and results oriented professional electrical engineer who enjoys product design as well as working with the end customer to provide clear solutions to their power feeder requirements.
Product Design & Standards
- Accountable for solution engineering
- Accountable for ongoing product design to meet customer demand and regulatory environments.
- Participate in technical standards committees.
Technical Sales & Delivery
- Support the sales team with technical problem solving and costing information.
- Customer contact for technical questions.
- Participate in planning / specification meetings.
- Product and/or Review/Approve technical drawings, BOM and related documents.
- Ensure that the proposed solution fulfils the codes, regulations and safety requirements for a particular project.
Summary of Qualifications:
- Degree in Engineering with a focus on Electrical Engineering
- Accreditation as a Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario
- 5+ years of experience
- Excellent written, presentation, and oral communications skills
- Excellent technical understanding of AC and DC power
- Clearly demonstrate a strong understanding of common critical power systems components (i.e. Generators, transfer switches, power distribution equipment, energy storage systems, and energy conversion systems)
- Good understanding of of industry codes and best practices
Location: Richmond Hill, Ontario